Do you enjoy nature? Do you enjoy helping people?
Museum Volunteer Opportunity: The Museum is looking for volunteers who can help people enjoy and learn from the collections, exhibits, and activities in the Museum. Your presence can assure that the Museum is open on weekends and certain holidays and for groups on weekdays. You would be showing visitors what there is to see and do in the Museum, selling items from our small nature shop, and doing some minimal record keeping. Training is provided. While at the Museum you may be on your feet for long periods of time.
If you volunteer in the Museum a minimum commitment of 24 hours during the season, is required.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities:
- Help at special events during the year
- Assist with the Museum’s winter/spring program series
- Write for the Museum’s newsletter
- Help with trail development
- Assist with mailings, publicity, and/or fund-raising
- Make needed repairs or assist with woodworking projects for the Museum
- Lead a trail walk or present a short program
- Create or assist with the development of new museum exhibits
- Receive a year’s individual membership in the Museum
- Attend a complimentary luncheon at the beginning of the Museum’s season when volunteers have the opportunity to meet each other and see the Museum
- Attend a volunteer pot luck “thank you” lunch at the end of the season.
- Have your name and photo on our volunteer plaque which will be displayed in the Museum.
- Be protected by insurance for you and your visitors.
As a volunteer you will:
- Gain experience you can add to your resume
- Receive credit for community service
- Increase your social skills
- Meet many interesting people
- Enrich your understanding of nature
- Hear visitor stories about their encounters with nature
Note: The Little Nature Museum is a federally registered nonprofit organization. The Museum will be open on weekends. It is also open certain holidays and by appointment for group/s during the week.
If you have questions, please e-mail them to: email@example.com or call Sandra Martin, at 603-746-6121.
If you are interested in volunteering, please click the volunteer application request below.